An Introduction to Prophecy
Prophecy is a process in which one or more messages are communicated by either God, or by a knowledge of cosmic imagery as seen in Earth's ancient skies. Such messages typically involve inspiration, interpretation, or revelation of divine will concerning the prophet's social world and events to come. Prophetic imagery is almost entirely derived from electromagnetic plasma discharges erupting in Earth's ancient skies. To the extent to which we do or do not understand the imagery of prophecy, we also fail to understand the rest of scriptural imagery, or the imagery described in almost any ancient sacred texts.
When we let our scriptures speak for themselves, without imposing our own ‘modern,’ ‘scientific’ preconceptions upon them, an entirely different picture of the past emerges than the one we’ve been taught.
It was in Earth’s ancient heavens-the Creator’s most spectacular canvas-that all ancient imagery originated. It is there we must look for the source of all the symbols used by the ancients to depict their gods.
Thus we see that the imagery of the scriptures as well is reflected in the religious, astral icons of the past. The symbolic icons give meaning to the scriptural imagery, and the scriptural imagery gives meaning to the symbolic icons, as is the case with the Egyptian facsimiles and the Book of Abraham. They complement and illuminate one another.
1. The spirit of prophecy
2. Prophetic quotes
3. From the Prophet's mouth
4. The prophecy enigma solved
5. Prophecy and the restored gospel
6. The gospel litmus test
7. Prophecy in the atomic age
8. The Prophets and the ancient heavens
9. The Prophet's language
10. Prophecy for dummies
11. Why Joseph called it a planet and a comet
12. Modern Prophets and Cosmism
It seems that the imagery of prophecy is still, to a great extent, an enigma to us. Visions such as those of John in Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel and Isaiah — just to name a few — are loaded with symbolism that mystifies us.
Like fitting the pieces into a puzzle, each key adds a little to our understanding of prophecy, making the picture more complete. When all the pieces are in place, we see the big picture. They produce a comprehensive explanation of prophetic symbolism. They make prophecy plain and understandable for anyone...
1. An Introduction
2. Joseph Smith's marvelous key
3. The Prophet's language
4. Of beasts and men
5. Stars and planets
6. A great star
7. A new Heaven, a new Earth
8. The grand sign
9. Apollyon, the destroyer
10. What Joseph Taught
11. Prophecy and the restored gospel
12. The gospel litmus test
For over seventeen hundred years on the eastern hemisphere, and for more than fourteen centuries on the western, there appears to have been silence between the heavens and the earth. Of direct revelation from God to man during this long interval, we have no authentic record. As already shown, the period of apostolic ministry on the eastern continent probably terminated before the dawn of the second century of the Christian era. The passing of the apostles was followed by the rapid development of a universal apostasy as had been foreseen and predicted...
1. The Patriarchal and Classic Ages
2. The dark Ages of ignorance
3. From Paganism to Christianity
4. The loss of Cosmism by religion
5. From Dark to Renaissance to Reformation to Revolution
6. The American revolution
7. Prophecy in a free and just environment
8. Cosmism and Divinity in the founding of America
9. Science thrives in a free and educated society
10. Correct principles and religion thrive in a free and educated society
11. Our endless fight for liberty
12. Our slip back into Ignorance and tyranny
Through visions, the ministering of angels, and revelations to men on the earth, God restored the gospel. The Restoration started with the Prophet Joseph Smith and continues being restored today. The following major pieces to the restoration model are described in detail below. Whether the restoration happened through Joseph Smith, through the founding of America, or both, it only adds understanding to, and greatly supports the overall cosmism model.
1. The Standard of truth is incomplete
2. The first vision
3. The book of Mormon restored
4. The restoration of the priesthood
5. The restoration of the church
6. The restoration of the keys to salvation
7. The restoration of temple ordinances
8. The restoration of Man's history
9. The restoration of science
10. The restoration of eternal principles
11. The restoration of ancient symbolism
12. The restoration of cosmism
There are a number of similarities as well as a pattern between the plagues of Egypt and the judgments of God found in the Book of Revelation. Because God always uses natural means to accomplish his purposes it’s not unreasonable to imagine him using the same natural forces in both scenarios. One of the striking similarities among all scriptural accounts of the last days is a connection to the heavens. Something dramatic always appears in the sky or falls out of the sky. Most catastrophic prophecies can be explained by this one missing piece to the puzzle: An encounter between a rogue planet and our Earth. The following are excerpts from Anthony E. Larson's prophecy trilogy explaining this prophetic pattern of destruction...
1. And the Moon Shall Turn to Blood
2. And the Waters Shall Turn to Blood
3. And Wild animals and Bugs Shall Swarm Forth
4. And disease shall kill the livestock
5. And the Earth Shall Reel To and Fro
6. And Pestilence Shall Kill
7. And Boils Shall Burst Forth
8. And Hail and Stars Shall Fall from the Sky
9. And Locusts Shall Devour All
10. And All the First Born Shall Die
11. And the Sun Shall Be Turned to Darkness
12. And There Shall Be a New Heaven and a New Earth
If we look closely at the images venerated by the ancients from the point of view that they may have been inspired by planets standing in close proximity to the Earth, we see them with new eyes. And because we adopt this view, we can read the explanations of symbols on Egyptian papyri by the prophet Joseph Smith with a fresh perspective that also gives an entirely new dynamic to the imagery of prophecy.
This key is crucial because ancient sky gazers the world over drew remarkably similar pictures and offered stunningly similar descriptions of things that do not exist in our sky, though this vital truth has not been generally recognized.
Amazingly, when we heed Joseph Smith’s hints that the gods, goddesses, beasts and other images of antiquity all found their inspiration in Earth’s ancient heavens, some of the most mysterious icons suddenly appear to be virtual snapshots of what the ancients saw in Earth’s skies.
1. The missing writings
2. Kolob, the God Star
3. Translating the Papyri
4. The 4 beasts
5. The book of Abraham
6. The Book of Moses
7. Egyptian Chronology
8. The Winged Disk
9. Joseph Smith and Translation
10. Egyptian hieroglyphs
11. Sacred Egyptian texts
12. Ancient Egyptian cosmism and astronomy
When addressing Latter-day Saints, I often observe that cosmology — the study of planets and stars, suns and moons — and its attendant mythology was not just an affectation of Old Testament peoples. It was also an important, integral part of the gospel taught by Jesus Christ and embraced by the primitive church or early Christian religion. In his essay “Unrolling the Scrolls – Some Forgotten Witnesses,” Nibley, the preeminent LDS scholar for all things ancient wrote that “cosmism” was a “hallmark of early Christianity.” We know this because references to cosmological or astral elements — what Nibley calls cosmism — are found everywhere in early Christian and Jewish writings.
So, too, cosmology held an elevated status in the doctrine of the modern or restored church, though today’s Latter-day Saints are reluctant to acknowledge that fact, if they are aware of it at all. But there is no denying it. It’s everywhere in the hallmark elements of the modern church: in the Pearl of Great Price, in the Doctrine and Covenants, in the Book of Mormon as well as in our temple symbolism and ritual...
1. Cosmism and the restored gospel
2. The gospel connection
3. The Saturn myths and the restored gospel
4. Why cosmology?
5. The planet Gods
6. The great deluge
7. Cosmological Prophecy of the Life of Christ
8. Can planets collide?
9. The Congregation of Planets Part I
10. The Congregation of Planets Part II
11. The Congregation of Planets Part III
12. Astronomy in the Gospel
The two primary temples of this era, the Nauvoo and the Salt Lake, were liberally decorated with icons of stars, planets and moons. This they have in common with both ancient texts and the temples of yesteryear, those erected by all ancient cultures. Those temples, too, were decorated with symbols of stars, planets and moons, along with illustrations of their gods, goddesses and a multitude of other religious icons peculiar to each culture.
Mormonism is unique among Christian denominations for many reasons. One of the things that make it so distinctive was its founder’s interest in bringing ancient texts to light. Another was the instigation of temple use, a practice thought to be largely pagan and thus suspiciously sacrilegious by normative Christianity.
While it may not be readily apparent at first, upon closer inspection we will see that ancient sacred texts and temple use are closely related....
1. What is a Temple for?
2. The Ascension ritual
3. Temple symbolism
4. Saturn symbols on the Temple
5. Stars, planets, moons, and Temples
6. Temples are more than what we are taught
7. Temple symbolism and Christmas
8. Proof that the church is true
9. Temple rituals, ordinances, and endowments
10. Temple architecture
11. Pyramids, Temples, and electric power
12. Temples of the world
The Lord is about to jar us out of our pleasant daydream. His repeated warning through his prophets is always the same. He is about to shake our bed and rouse us from our waking slumber. The world we have taken for granted is about to disappear. At least, that is what the Book of Mormon says, if you consider that we Americans are the counterparts of the Nephites who lived just prior to the Savior's First Coming. Given that perspective, the entire book is prophetic of our day. It is the writer's fervent hope that the distillation of the parallels between the Nephites and the Americans will allow the reader to make significant progress toward understanding the message of the Book of Mormon. It is the work of inspired men whose concern for their brethern - even for those who would come many generations after their own bodies had turned to dust - outweighed any personal sacrifice on their part. Their words reach out across the centuries to us as a beacon to light our way. The Book of Mormon is a word of warning and a ray of hope sent by a loving Father to His children to support them and guide them through the most difficult of all eras, the last days. The following pages are excerpts from Anthony E. Larson's book: Parallel Histories...
1. A Harbinger
2. Who We Are
3. Changes and Moves
4. We, the People
6. The Immediate Past
7. The Present
8. The Immediate Future
9. Beyond the Horizon
10. Not as Expected
11. The Last Two Events
We will never progress in Religion, Science, or Philisophy if we dont ask the toughest questions. The following pages and videos ask some of the really hard questions asked to all who are seeking answers pertaining to prophecy, theology and Cosmism. This is the educational video series "Questions for the Brethren" created to build faith in Jesus Christ and the Restoration through Joseph Smith by asking important doctrinal questions and raising difficult, but necessary issues...
1. All things including principles are eternal
2. Genesis and pro-creationism
3. Evolution invalidated
4. The big bang invalidated
5. A race of Gods in jurisdictions
6. All accounts pertain to this Earth
7. Christ's Atonement only applies to this Earth
8. Christ's Resurrection only applies to this Earth
9. To understand God, You must understand the universe
10. Ethical behavior
11. Creationism invalidated
12. Like begets like
Also taken from the video series "Questions for the Brethren", we ask more of the deeper questions, this time pertaining to the mysteries of God...
1. The mysteries revealed
2. Know these mysteries
3. Seers passed the mysteries down
4. Joseph did not pass them down
5. The church today has no seers
6. The mysteries are given only to those with faith
7. Condemnation for not receiving these mysteries
8. Keys are lost when we reject these mysteries
9. Traditions of the fathers lead to destruction
10. Traditions or the mysteries?
11. The Gospel before Idolatry
12. Learn his mysteries to know him to exalt man
Unlike the interpretations proffered by our Christian cousins, where a verse from this vision and another from that vision are cited and then cobbled together to create a strained interpretation, this is a simple and systematic way of reading and understanding prophecy and temple imagery that anyone can understand, given the proper training. Other ministers and scholars use a distorted, piecemeal and disjointed method of interpretation, “cherry picking” scripture. That is a methodology foreign to the prophets, the apostles and the Savior’s way of teaching...
1. Ancient Aliens Debunked
2. Astrology Debunked
3. New Age Spirituality Debunked
4. Calculating False Timing and Dates
5. The Correct Blood Moon Prophecy
6. False "Last-Days" churches
7. False Prophets
8. False Prophecies caused by Celestial objects
9. War and Economic collapse
10. The End will not be caused by technology
11. False Symbols
12. The Christian Version of Revelations Debunked